In the first of a three part series on copyright, Leanne Oitmaa, Director, Lawyer, Patent & Trade Marks Attorney, will present an update and refresher on the area, covering the essentials of copyright.
The content of the presentation is intended for in-house counsel with a general understanding of copyright issues, with some material pitched at an intermediate level.
Leanne will present an overview of copyright, covering a range of basic concepts, with discussion of recent developments, and providing an introduction and grounding for remaining sessions.
Key discussion points include:
- Understanding the nature and scope of confidential information and trade secrets – what can be protected?
- Comparing Confidential Information with Intellectual Property, and why Confidential Information and Trade Secrets must form part of an IP strategy
- Taking practical action to effectively manage, control and use Confidential Information and Trade Secrets – how to take reasonable steps
- Potential scenarios involving misappropriation, how to avoid them, and action that can be taken
- A note on drafting effective clauses
Presenter: Leanne Oitmaa, Director, Lawyer, Patent & Trade Marks Attorney, Watermark Intellectual Property Lawyers
Location: Watermark Boardroom, Level 22, 77 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA, 6000
Date: Thursday 24 July 2019
Time: Registration & Networking: 12.30pm to 1.00pm. (light lunch will be provided)
Presentation: 1.00pm to 2.00pm
This seminar is hosted in conjunction with ACC Australia. ACC members are eligible for 1pt Substantive/Legal Knowledge.
If you are interested in attending this event, please complete the event registration form below.