In conjunction with ACC Austalia, Watermark is pleased to present: Confidential Information and Trade Secrets – how to manage & effectively control and use it.
key learning outcomes:
- Understanding the nature and scope of confidential information and trade secrets – what can be protected?
- Comparing Confidential Information with Intellectual Property, and why Confidential Information and Trade Secrets must form part of an IP strategy
- Taking practical action to effectively manage, control and use Confidential Information and Trade Secrets – how to take reasonable steps
- Potential scenarios involving misappropriation, how to avoid them, and action that can be taken
- A note on drafting effective clauses
This session is intended for in-house counsel with a general understanding of confidential information and trade secrets, with some material pitched at an intermediate level.
Leanne Oitmaa will provide an overview of the area, an understanding of problems that can arise, practical steps that can be taken to protect confidential information and manage risks, and a brief refresher on drafting effective clauses in confidentiality agreements.
Presenter: Leanne Oitmaa, Director, Lawyer, Patent & Trade Marks Attorney, Watermark.
Location: Watermark Boardroom, Level 20, 77 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA, 6000.
Date: Thursday 6 June, 2019
Presentation: Registration & Networking: 12.30 to 1.00pm
Presentation: 1.00pm – 2.00pm
This seminar is hosted in conjunction with ACC Australia. ACC members are eligible for 1pt Substantive/Legal Knowledge.
If you are interested in attending this event, please complete the event registration form below.