In partnership with the Association of Corporate Counsel Australia, Watermark is presenting: IP Cases – Latest Issues That Affect Corporations.
In a round up of recent significant IP-focussed court cases and legislation changes, this session will bring corporate counsel up to date on:
- recycling and repackaging imported products for the Australian market; what constitutes infringement of IP rights
- the differences between acceptable and misleading advertising: when product differentiation is not OK
- the risk of engaging in ‘unjustified threats’: how seeking to stop market activity by competitors can go wrong
- legal professional privilege: internal document preparation and the dominant purpose test
- substantially identical branding: how to judge when two trade marks are too similar
- the Productivity Commission’s changes to Australia’s IP law: what got up and what did not
In-house lawyers are invited to participate in this seminar. Eligible participants will receive 1 CPD point for practice management and business skills/legal skills or practice.
DATE: 18 September 2018
TIME: 7.30am – 9.00am
LOCATION: Watermark Boardroom, Level 1, 109 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, Victoria
To register your interest to attend this seminar, please fill in the form below.