Sheona is interested in helping clients identify their intellectual property assets and proceed with assurance as to the security of their intellectual property rights within their field. Intellectual property is a diverse and interesting area of law that continues to increase in complexity and offers as many challenges for holders of intellectual property as it does opportunities.
Sheona specialises in trade marks and brand protection including trade mark filing, prosecution and registration, trade mark infringement and trade mark availability searches.
Her approach is to provide clear, concise and relevant advice to clients.
- Filing and prosecuting Australian trade mark applications
- Working with overseas associates to secure trade mark registrations in foreign jurisdictions for Australian clients
- Protection and enforcement of Australian trade marks by way of assisting with trade mark oppositions, non-use actions and infringement actions
- Trade mark availability searches and advising on search results
- Review and/or drafting of IP non-disclosure agreements, licenses and assignments
- Review and/or drafting of website privacy policies
- Preparation and filing of take down notices
Sheona’s experience includes prosecution of local and international trade mark applications, advice in relation to trade mark filings, advice and assistance in the enforcement of trade marks and related rights, assistance in relation to IP agreements and assignments and assistance with the administration of IP litigation matters.
Bachelor of Business Administration/ Bachelor of Arts (BBA/BA), Macquarie University
Juris Doctor (JD), University of Technology, Sydney
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP), College of Law
Admission as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, Australia (expected March 2020)
Associate Member, Law Society of NSW
Member, Communications, Entertainment and Technology Committee, NSW Young Lawyers
Member, NSW Society for Computers and the Law
Beyond the Desk
Sheona is an avid reader of fiction novels, in particular novels by Australian authors, and an occasional reader of non-fiction.
A keen advocate for sustainability, she devotes much of her spare time to learning about eco-friendly consumer goods and developments in greentech, and putting that knowledge into practice as she works towards a zero-waste home.
Sheona is passionate about a number of social and charitable causes, including a number of sustainability initiatives, the Motor Neurone Disease Association of NSW and the Adult Migrant English Program assisting recent migrants to Australia to develop their English language skills.
Sheona also enjoys travelling, hiking, going to markets, theatre performances and comedy shows, and spending time with friends and family.