Sarah is approachable and pragmatic. Sarah is valued by clients for her ability to communicate complex matters in ordinary language.
Technically qualified in biomedical science, and with a Master’s degree in Intellectual Property Law, Sarah’s professional experience includes working with an Australian biotechnology company as well as a global pharmaceutical company as part of the Microbiology team.
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Treatment methods
- Medical devices
- Consumer healthcare and hygiene
- Food formulations
- Trade mark protection, defence and enforcement
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications directed to pharmaceutical and biotechnological inventions.
- Filing and prosecuting patent term extensions.
- Validity and infringement advice.
- Filing and prosecuting Australian and overseas trade mark applications.
- Assisting in the protection of Australian trade marks by way of filing and prosecuting applications and non-use actions and running oppositions.
- Filing and prosecuting Australian and overseas design applications.
- Working for an Australian biotechnology company, specifically in genotyping, cloning and sequencing DNA and PCR and hybridisation techniques.
- Working as part of the Microbiology team of a global pharmaceutical company, specifically involved with the QC testing of raw materials and finished products and pyrogen testing of sterile products.
Bachelor of Science (Biomedical), University of Western Australia
Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology Sydney
Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney in Australia and New Zealand
Beyond the Desk
Sarah’s love of sport ensures she’s never far from the action. She is an avid AFL supporter and has a keen interest in cricket. Beyond the desk, she loves nothing more than exercising her two husky dogs and exploring the Melbourne outdoors.