Paul’s experience lies in the area of electrical and computer engineering, including electronics and communications technology.
He is especially interested in the successful exploitation of computer related inventions including software, internet applications and also in the area of trade marks, domain names and related intellectual property.
Paul is valued by clients for his pragmatic approach to IP and his pursuit of solutions that are integral to the commercial success of his clients’ business. He acts for both local and large multinational clients with significant trade mark portfolios and he advises on a broad range of issues from brand selection and strategy to protection and enforcement.
- Software applications
- Internet applications
- E-commerce and business methods
- Information systems
- Domain names
- Trade marks
- Assisting multinational companies to protect their brands in Australia.
- Advising on multinational patent portfolios in Australia in relation to wireless technologies.
- Acting as an intermediary in a successful domain name transfer matter involving significant funds.
- Advising a local client on 3D technology and seeing the business evolve from a university project to a global leader in their field of technology.
- Presenter at various local and international conferences and seminars for universities, government agencies, clients and schools.
Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems), Curtin University of Technology
The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys (IPTA), Fellow
International Trademark Association, Building Bridges Committee Member
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Beyond the Desk
Paul is a sporting fanatic who appreciates a good dose of science fiction. One of his most memorable personal achievements was gaining his private pilot’s licence.