Leanne advises clients across the broad spectrum of intellectual property, from protecting strategies and prosecution through to commercialisation advice and enforcement.
Drawing on her unique dual role as both a lawyer and patent & trade marks attorney, Leanne brings the technical skills, with her ICT and engineering patents experience, together with her legal skills in litigation and drafting agreements, to fully understand and manage her clients’ requirements and expectations.
Leanne handles trade mark portfolios for major international clients, provides copyright advice and has acted in litigation matters involving patents, trade marks and copyright before the Federal Court of Australia.
- Trade mark oppositions
- Litigation and infringement matters
- Trade mark prosecution
- Complex copyright advice
- Australian Customs Service
- Optical and photonic technologies
- Internet applications
- E-commerce and business processes
- Mechanical devices
- Facilitating settlement of patent opposition appeal for one of the firm’s largest clients
- Facilitating settlement of patent and trade mark litigation and oppositions
- Developing and executing successful design and trade mark infringement strategies against counterfeiters in the areas of children’s toys, lighting, electronic goods and musical instruments
- Drafting and successful prosecution of Australian and foreign patent applications covering computer software, clothing design, water treatment technologies, construction industry devices, telecommunications, online security, online authentication, and other technologies
- Successful prosecution of complex trade mark applications owned by multinational companies
- Several successful acquisitions domain names owned by third parties, including by settlement and through auDRP proceedings
Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
Bachelor of Science (Physics), Macquarie University
Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
Master of Laws, University of Melbourne
Admitted to the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and Western Australia
The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA), Fellow
Beyond the Desk
When she’s not occupied with her busy practice, Leanne likes keeping fit by running and, when time allows, playing tennis. An avid fan of Celine Dion, Leanne has managed to see her idol perform in Las Vegas, Sydney and Perth. Leanne also enjoys travelling with her family.