An experienced intellectual property lawyer with a vibrant, personable and collaborative approach, Kim is passionate about understanding clients’ IP issues, needs and delivering commercial & practical solutions.
Kim has a broad range of IP legal experience assisting small, medium and large corporates, private businesses and non-government clients in Australia and offshore. He enjoys working with clients to develop, protect, manage and commercialise their innovative ideas and competitive advantage by providing commercial advice that is effective, pragmatic and straightforward.
- IP strategy and risk management
- IP asset identification and audit
- IP dispute resolution
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
- Trade marks
- Confidential information and trade secrets
- Australian Customs Service and parallel importation
- IP assessment and clearance
- Successful conduct of contentious proceedings involving the house brands of major international technology companies and sporting associations
- Advising major international fashion brands on innovative IP enforcement strategies in the China region
- Advising major international computer companies and beverage companies on IP risk management and portfolio management including negotiating and drafting licensing and assignment agreements
- Australian Legal Practitioner (NSW)
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Queensland (BA, UQ)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (LLB, UQ)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Queensland University of Technology (Grad Dip Legal Prac, QUT)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Beyond the Desk
Kim enjoys getting away from it all by going beach camping with his young kids. He also enjoys running, film, theatre, almost any kind of festival, and after some time away from Sydney, reacquainting himself with the joys of being out and about exploring the city.