Gizelle has considerable experience working across all intellectual property rights in Australia, New Zealand and in the Middle East (having worked in Dubai in a specialist IP firm). She can provide international clients with nuanced local knowledge and equally provide Australian clients with an international refined global experience.
Gizelle can assist clients through the journey of IP creation, to protection and enforcement, taking pride in getting to know her client’s needs and wants while managing their risk to find their competitive advantage. Gizelle is particularly keen on helping businesses manage and implement systems and procedures to best utilise their IP assets.
Gizelle’s experience includes commercialisation of IP, enforcement of IP and management of international portfolios.
- Trade mark searching
- Trade mark prosecution
- Trade mark oppositions
- Portfolio management and strategic advice
- Copyright advice
- Marketing and advertising clearances
- Infringement proceedings
- IT service agreements
- Supply and distribution agreements
- IP audits and risk profiling
- Successfully settled trade mark infringement proceedings between three international companies as a part of a complex contractual dispute.
- Successfully settled design infringement proceedings between an Australian shoe manufacturer and an international luxury brand.
- Providing strategic trade mark portfolio advice for a renowned international school.
- Drafting SaaS agreements for a boutique Australian software company.
- Drafting a software trial agreement for a small development company.
- Managing international trade mark portfolios for international luxury brands.
Bachelor of Arts (Professional Communication), RMIT University
Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University
Master of Laws (Global Business Law), La Trobe University
Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
Registered Trade Marks Attorney
Intellectual Property Society Of Australia And New Zealand
Beyond the Desk
When not in the office, Gizelle indulges in all things artistic, including salsa dancing, classical singing and music theatre. She also loves to spend time travelling and exploring new places around the world.