With over 25 years in IP in Europe and Australia, Christian has the know-how and experience to provide clients tailored IP strategy advice and guidance on the ins and outs of patent, trade mark and design law. Christian makes it his business to truly understand his clients’ business and the environment in which they operate. Clients can expect Christian to ask the right questions and provide value as an experienced IP adviser.
- Aerospace Technology
- Packaging materials and machines
- Elevator and moving walkway technology
- Food processing and manufacture
- Mineral extraction and processing
- Mining (rock drilling) equipment
- Automotive Engineering
- Permanent Magnetics
- Fixed telecoms equipment
- Chemical Engineering
- Trade marks: interplay between branding, business, customers and competitors
- Advising local companies in various fields of technology and industries including manufacturing, telecommunications, consumer goods, mining, food, personal care products, building and construction, on patenting strategy and portfolio management across multiple jurisdictions, including drafting and successful prosecution of patents before IPAU, EPO, USPTO and other patent offices.
- Advising overseas based companies on effective patenting strategies in Australia and New Zealand.
- Former external Patent Attorney Counsel for multi-national company in the food technology sector, with responsibility for assisting with and advising on IP protection and enforcement strategies for technology developed at local R&D sites, including freedom to operate (FTO) analysis, patent specification drafting, patent prosecution across multiple jurisdictions, defending and running patent oppositions proceedings before IPAU, and coordinating patent opposition appeal proceedings before the Federal Court of Australia.
- Conducting hearings and interviews with Examiners of IPAU, EPO and USPTO to secure effective patent rights for clients across a range of technology sectors.
- Drafting IP purchase agreements and negotiating the acquisition of Australian Trade Marks rights by a major overseas clothing & apparel manufacturer.
- FTO and patent validity advice in relation to telecommunications equipment.
- Conducting Trade Mark registration and opposition hearings before IPAU and for clients involved in manufacturing, consumer goods (lighting, clothing, household appliances), amongst other technology and trade sectors.
Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Germany)
Professional Representative before EPO (EP Attorney)
Professional Representative before EUIPO (EU Trade Mark and Designs Attorney)
Masters of Aeronautical and Space Technology Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Germany
The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia (IPTA), Fellow
Member of Council of FICPI Australia
Member of the working group on European Patents (CET 4) of FICPI International
Beyond the Desk
Out of the office Christian enjoys cooking for family and friends, playing soccer and reading science fiction. “It has been an enlightening journey in seeing SF-concepts I read about 10, 20 or 40 years ago entering and transforming the real world we live in today. Innovation and invention are hallmarks of good sci-fi.”