At Watermark, we love innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Every business that is great today started out small. We like to support the small and help them to grow into something great.
Watermark is therefore proud to present, in collaboration with Edith Cowan University’s Enterprise Tuesday series, an initiative that supports entrepreneurs and innovators within the local community to encourage the development of ideas, business ventures and research that makes a difference.
If you are based in WA and meet the eligibility criteria, this competition provides an opportunity to win $2000 in prize money to assist your new business venture.
1 July 2015: Applications Open
1 October 2015: Applications Close
13 October 2015: Finalists Pitch to Enterprise Tuesday Panellists
You must have attended at least one Enterprise Tuesday session – visit the webpage and register for free if you’ve not already attended. In addition, you must also be:
- Staff or Student at ECU; or
- an entrepreneur staring a new business venture.
Complete the ECU Enterprise Tuesday Watermark Competition Application form and send your completed form to Dr Darren Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Manager, Collaboration & Innovation, ECU Office of Research & Innovation by 5pm on the 1st October 2015. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Applications will be assessed based on responses to the following:
- Tell us about your business/idea/project
- Who is your target market?
- How does your business/idea/project differ from competitors?
- How will you take your product/service/idea to market? OR How will you use the prize money to help take your product to market?
- How will your idea/business generate revenue?
- If applicable, who will your idea/business/project benefit or impact upon the community?
All eligible applications will be reviewed by the ECU Enterprise Tuesday Watermark Award Panel. The Panel will pre-select finalists for a competitive pitch of their idea at Enterprise Tuesday Session 7. The Winner will be determined at that event.