Renee graduated from Monash University in 2011 and began working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Burnet Institute. Here, Renee developed her passion for bridging the gap between researchers and industry with an aim to provide global translational research outcomes.
This continues to be one of her drivers as a Patent Attorney, to assist a wide range of clients, from large corporations to universities and small spin-out companies to capitalise on their cutting edge technology.
As a company owner herself, Renee understands the complexity of running a successful business and therefore strives to provide a pragmatic and strategic approach to her clients.
Renee has experience in drafting and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications, and managing of global portfolios and oppositions.
- Biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology
- Stem cells
- Recombinant proteins
- Humanised and monoclonal antibodies
- Transgenic technologies
- Diagnostic assays
- Medical devices
- Biochemical and biophysical assays
- Enzyme kinetics
- Structural modelling
- Assisting in managing global patent portfolio of Australian companies in stem cell and biomarker technology.
- Management of the Strategic Business Partnership with AUSVEG, the national peak industry body representing the interests of Australian vegetable growers.
- Author or co-author of 13 peer-reviewed scientific publications, including the journals Nature and Blood.
- Peter Doherty Biomedical Research Fellow.
- Reviewer of prominent scientific journals.
- Postdoctoral research experience in the fields of HIV and Complement proteases.
- PhD in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Experience in a variety of academic research environments, both national and international.
- Co-owner of an industry leading company.
Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry and Immunology) (Honours), Monash University
PhD (Biochemistry), Monash University
Master of Intellectual Property, University of Melbourne
The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
Beyond the Desk
Renee exchanges one desk for another, as the co-owner of Australia’s industry leading collectables company, Cherry. Here she immerses herself in her other passions: sport, gaming and comics. When the day is over, Renee enjoys exploring Melbourne’s plethora of restaurants and wine bars.