Linda is passionate about her profession in IP. Her introduction to IP was through an internship in the IP and Licensing team at the CSIRO, gaining exposure to IP management strategies, joint-venture R&D agreements and software licensing.
She has since grown her experience to include trade mark prosecution, trade mark management including customs notifications, trade mark oppositions, copyright, trade mark and patent infringement, misleading or deceptive conduct, passing off and IP commercialisation matters. Linda has acted for a range of local and international clients in the FMCG, hospitality, healthcare, construction, consumer goods, fashion and creative industries.
- IP infringement
- Australian Consumer Law and passing off
- Trade mark prosecution and opposition
- IP licensing and commercialisation
- Negotiating and drafting relevant agreements in trade mark oppositions and contentious IP matters.
- Assisting in Federal Court litigation regarding trade mark infringement and Australian Consumer Law.
- Assisting in a patent opposition on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company.
- Conducting trade mark portfolio reviews.
- Trade mark filing, prosecution and opposition matters in Australia and overseas.
Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours), Monash University
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand (LESANZ)
Beyond the Desk
Outside of work, Linda enjoys watching tennis, reading and playing the piano.