With a background in physics and particular expertise in acoustics, Craig started his professional life as a Patent Examiner some 20 years ago. Through this experience Craig developed a unique and thorough understanding of the inner workings of the IP system and the challenges faced by clients in securing IP rights.
Since joining Watermark in 2001, Craig has gained extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications across a diverse range of technologies including consumer products, locks, dentistry, medical devices, clean technology, building and construction products and packaging. He also has considerable experience conducting patent oppositions and providing validity and infringement opinions.
Clients can expect Craig to ask lots of questions in his quest to develop a strong understanding of his clients’ business and goals which he believes is paramount to the provision of commercially valuable advice.
- Physics related technologies
- Automotive engineering
- Mechanical devices
- Medical technologies
- Patent searching
- Mining technologies
- Extensive experience in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications in Australia and overseas across a wide range of technologies.
- Substantial experience in oppositions, trade marks and designs.
- Expertise in patent validity and infringement advice.
- Five years’ experience as a Patent Examiner at the Australian Patent Office (IP Australia) in Canberra including procedural matters, examining patent applications and conducting patent searches across a diverse range of mechanical and electrical technologies.
Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
Bachelor of Applied Science (Applied Physics), RMIT University
Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia (IPTA), Fellow
Beyond the Desk
Craig is a keen renovator who always has a DIY project on the go.