With over 20 years’ experience in IP, Carolyn brings a wealth of experience, a depth of knowledge and a strategic perspective to help her clients gain a commercial advantage. She thrives on the detailed analysis of new technologies and finding solutions to the varied challenges faced by clients.
Carolyn has a technical background in chemistry and biotechnology. She is trained in organic and inorganic chemistry as well as protein chemistry and molecular biology, particularly in the context of health sciences. Her patent clients are predominantly in the agricultural, healthcare, food and packaging industries.
Carolyn’s trade marks practice focuses on strategic advice with a global perspective which leads to trade mark filing, prosecution, opposition and non-use work in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
She also has a particular interest in managing IP portfolios including the identification and protection of IP, how to monitor and interpret competitor activity and, ultimately, how to derive value from IP.
- Agricultural, pharmaceutical and industrial chemistry
- Plant biotechnology
- Human and animal healthcare
- Drafting and prosecuting patent application directed to chemical and biotechnological inventions.
- Running oppositions to Australian patent applications in chemical technology and biotechnology.
- Filing, prosecuting and defending patent term extensions.
- Validity and infringement advice.
- Providing commercial and strategic advice in relation to IP litigation.
- Patent attorney advice and support to litigation in relation to polymers, agricultural chemicals and plant biotechnology.
- Freedom to operate advice to pharmaceutical generic manufacturers and advising on market entry to Australia.
- Filing and prosecuting global trade mark portfolios for a range of Australian companies.
- Assisting in the protection of global trade marks in Australia by way of filing and prosecuting applications, running oppositions and non-use actions.
- Creating and defending design portfolios.
Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Melbourne
The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys (IPTA), Fellow
Beyond the Desk
Carolyn enjoys reading and discussing literature, cooking and walking the dog.
2016, 2015 & 2014 IAM1000
The World's Leading Patent Professionals
2016, 2015 & 2014 Managing IP
IP Stars Trade Mark Star and Patent Star