Alice advises clients on a myriad of intellectual property issues, from procurement through to commercialisation. Alice started out as a US patent and trade mark attorney in Palo Alto, California, mainly prosecuting patents and trade mark applications before the USPTO.
She went in-house and joined a multi-national company after moving to London. Alice gained experience in managing patent and trade mark portfolios, as well as extensive content and software licensing expertise with education institutions, finance and software companies.
As she is also fluent in Mandarin, Alice has negotiated IP and commercial contracts in China including multi-million dollar software licensing and consulting services contracts with Chinese governmental entities and banks.
Alice brings together her technical, legal, and linguistic skills to assist her clients to protect and exploit their IP.
- Electrical and electronic engineering.
- Semiconductor processing.
- Software licensing.
- Negotiating and drafting/revising/translating miscellaneous IP and commercial agreements.
- Providing advice in relation to intellectual property protection, procurement, & licensing.
- Providing advice in relation to patent filing strategy and measures for ensuring protection of confidential information.
- Patent and trade mark filing and prosecution before the USPTO.
- Conducting patent and trade mark portfolio reviews.
- Negotiating, drafting, revising/translating contracts in relation to:
- data and content licensing and distribution;
- software licensing, development and distribution;
- confidential information and provision of consulting services;
- technology development, licensing and supply; and
- publishing and sponsorship.
Australian Lawyer admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and entered on the High Court of Australia Register of Practitioners
Solicitor of England and Wales
Attorney, United States Patent & Trademark Office
Attorney and Counselor at Law, State Bar of California
Master of Laws, King’s College London
Juris Doctor, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, USA
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Akron, USA
Law Institute of Victoria
Beyond the Desk
Outside of work, Alice teaches Pilates for fun and serves as piano accompanist whenever her younger daughter participates in solo violin recitals, competitions or examinations.